GURGAON: The Jat Sangharsh Samiti on Wednesday said the community will no longer protest for quota in authorities jobs and training establishments until July 21, the date through which the Punjab and Haryana high court docket has sought the nation government’s respond.
The selection was taken at a meeting of the Jat network right here below the management of samiti president Ram Kataria.
Samiti wellknown secretary RS Dahiya said the decision on the postponement of the protest until the court listening to on July 21 became unanimous.
The high courtroom had stayed the operation of the regulation extending reservation to the Jats and 5 other castes in Haryana below the Backward elegance category after petitioner Murari Lal Gupta moved a public hobby litigation.
A -judge bench of Justices SS Saron and Gurmit Ram issued be aware to the Haryana government to answer with the aid of July 21.
earlier, on may also 29, the Akhil Bharatiya Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti announced resumption of their agitation in Haryana from June five.
“we can keep ‘Jat Nyay’ rally in Haryana from June 5 as guarantees made via Haryana chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar have now not been fulfilled,” ABJASS president Yashpal Malik had instructed journalists in Delhi.
The Haryana meeting had unanimously surpassed the Haryana Backward classes (Reservation in offerings and Admission in academic institutions) bill, 2016, on March 29.
Six castes of Jats, Jat Sikhs, Rors, Bishnois, Tyagis and Muslim Jats had been covered in the listing of Backward training, through bifurcating it and growing an extra Block C.
There are 77 castes already blanketed below Backward instructions Block A and B.
The government flow had came earlier than the April three closing date set with the aid of the Jats, who had threatened a violent agitation if their demand for reservation changed into now not met.
in the meantime, the authorities has braced itself for resumption of the Jat stir. Seven companies of paramilitary pressure have been deployed in over six Jat-ruled districts.
throughout the quota reservation violence in February, at least 30 humans had died and property really worth hundereds of crores of rupees turned into destroyed.